Central State Louis Stokes Scholar Paraprofessional Intern
Intern will apply advanced specialized college coursework in a professional setting.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education Requirements
- Candidate must be enrolled in school or must have graduated within 24 months from the date of application.
Field of Study:
- Declared Majors: Environmental, Engineering or a related field of study
Degree Program Levels:
Any of the following degree program levels may qualify
- Bachelor Degree (Junior/Senior)
- Master/Doctoral Degree
Minimum Job Requirements
- Candidate must be able to work 40 hours per week. Working hours are Monday Friday during normal business hours.
- Candidate must be able to commit to up to a 1 -month assignment with an option to extend the assignment at NEORSD s discretion. This internship program provides for a time-limited role at NEORSD with no express or implied guarantee of future employment beyond the assignment period. This position is governed by all applicable NEORSD administrative policies, practices and procedures related to temporary employees.
- The District requires protective footwear (i.e., steel or composite-toed) when working in the plants, pump stations, construction sites, public rights-of-way and other posted areas. New hires are required to have protective footwear, meeting the following criteria, on the first day of employment: 1) Must be ANSI Z41-1999 or ASTM F-2412/2413 (2005) certified, 2) Must have a steel or composite protective toe, 3) Must be, at a minimum, a 6 work boot or 6 hiker-style boot (Note: shoes are not permitted), 4) Must have a slip-resistant sole. It is also recommended, but not required, that footwear be waterproof and have included a shank to protect the bottom of the foot.
NEORSD, an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognizing the full range of human differences and similarities. Through our unwavering efforts to leverage the potential of our diversity, we continually strive to build and foster an environment that respects each individual. We encourage and promote innovation, and provide opportunities for all employees to interact, communicate, and realize the full potential of their talents.